Governor Dennis Daugaard recently announced that South Dakota would not operate a state health care exchange.
Some people were immediately excited to hear that statement. Others were left wondering when the other shoe will drop. The Governor should provide some additional information to assure skeptics that he is sincere in his recent conversion.
Answers to a few questions would provide that assurance:
1. Will you please explain why you did not support the Health Care Freedom Act, a 2010 bill which would have made ObamaCare null and void in South Dakota?
2. Can you tell us why you created pro-ObamaCare legislation like SB38 and SB43?
3. Why did your administration provide talking points through the Lt. Gov. to KILL legislation that would have stopped government-run health care in South Dakota?
4. Why did you ask for and accept nearly $7 million dollars of federal ObamaCare money?
5. When the application for federal funds clearly stated that State exchanges have to comply with all the provisions of ObamaCare, why did you agree by asking for and accepting the money under those conditions?
6. Why have you already spent nearly $ 1 million dollars of ObamaCare money in South Dakota?
7. When will you fire your full-time health care exchange staff?
8. Will you now support legislation that resists ObamaCare in South Dakota?
9. When will you send back the $7 million dollars of ObamaCare money?
10. Will you now support legislation to REPEAL current South Dakota laws that support ObamaCare (like SB38 & SB43)?
11. What kind of government-run health care will you allow the federal government to implement in South Dakota?
There are many questions that remain unanswered, but just responding specifically to these would be a good start toward convincing South Dakota that you are not really still on the “ObamaCare Express”.
Get DAILY updates… Friend Gordon on Facebook
Help spread the message by sharing with your email list and facebook friends… and why not pitch in $10 or $20??? Click the Donate button on this page NOW!!